WP Core Web Vitals Scripts overview:
Table of Contents
- WP Core Web Vitals Scripts overview:
- "WP Core Web Vitals outperforms other pagespeed plugins by 160% on average!"
- Frequently asked questions
1. Block the browser
2. Compete for network resources
3. Compete for CPU resources
Did you know ...
"WP Core Web Vitals outperforms other pagespeed plugins by 160% on average!"
- Move Scripts to footer
Recommended setting: yes
Recommended setting: it depends
Recommended setting:it depends
Frequently asked questions
Yes, most WordPress sites have lots of unneeded render blocking Scripts in the <head> of the page. Deferring Scripts will allmost certainly speed up your site and improve the UX
Do I need to disable other script optimization plugins?
Can deferring scripts cause issues with my WordPress website?
Yes it can. Deferring Scripts is usually a pretty safe option but it can break site functionality is the site has certain issues with timing and dependencies.
Can fine-tuning scripts cause issues with my WordPress site?
Yes, be careful with this feature! If script A depends on script B you cannot prioritize script A or de-prioritize Script B!
Sure, fist defer all the scripts and move them all for the footer. That is pretty fast but not optimal! From here we will need some fine-tuning.|
This is a pretty standard setup that I encounter every day.
- The cookie banner needs to pop up as soon as possible. for this we can use async. Async script are downloaded in parallel but executed as soon as they have finished downloading. Add cookie.js and select 'async'
- Your theme script handles some of the more important stuff like menu hover. Let's defer this without moving it to the footer. Unfortunately this script depends in jquery.js so will will need to defer this as well. Add theme.js and jquery.js select defer
- Your social buttons are nice-to-have. They do not matter for the first pageload. Add social.js and select 'Load when browser is idle'
- Next there is a sign up form at the bottom of the page. This requires a signup.js. The form has an id <form id="signupform"> that we can use. Add signup.js and select 'Scroll into view' and as a selector add '#signupform'